SDL designed and developed the TowerHawk lightweight weapons platform with active inertial stabilization. TowerHawk was developed in cooperation with the Army’s Aviation Applied Technology Directorate (AATD). Due to its small size and light weight, TowerHawk can be operated from an aircraft, a vehicle, or other tactical position. It provides overwatch, overmatch, and target ISR capability for mission battle networks.
- Target engagement out to 1200 meters
- High-bandwidth pointing controller
- Integrates EO/IR sensors, rangefinders, and crosswind sensors
- Weighs approximately 100 pounds
- Adaptable to different environments
- Successfully demonstrated from a tower and a UH-1 helicopter