SDL is a nonprofit research corporation and a unit of the Utah State University Research Foundation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Utah State University.
SDL is one of 14 University Affiliated Research Centers (UARCs) in the nation.
Core Areas of Expertise
- Space rated instruments and payloads
- Cryogenic and thermal management
- Small satellites and satellite systems
- Systems engineering
- Upper atmospheric measurements and modeling
- Sensor system performance modeling and simulation
- Ground stations and exploitation software
- Data handling, compression, and analysis
- Re-engineering, system engineering, and test
- Cyber analytics and simulation
To advance scientific and defense objectives by researching, developing and characterizing sensor, electronic, and software systems; providing program lifecycle support; and enhancing the education and development of scientists and engineers.