Simulation & Troubleshooting Test Hardware
When equipment is not functioning correctly, extensive investigation to determine the source of the problem is often required. SDL’s simulation and troubleshooting hardware can reduce the time it takes to identify problem sources, whether flight-sensor or ground-station based. Additionally, simulation functionality enables ground station operators to simulate sensor flights for mission training exercises, significantly reducing the cost of training.
- Simulation and diagnostic capabilities
- Continuous or finite simulations
- Pseudo-Random Bit Sequence (PRBS)
- Known data / bit error injection
- Insight into the data stream (upstream or downstream)
- Customizable solutions
- FPGA-based systems for flexibility and customization as needed
- High speed embedded processing complements customizable hardware
Common Data Link (CDL) Interface Box
SDL designed and developed Sky Lynx for receiving, synchronizing, routing, and simulating sensor-collected tactical/reconnaissance imagery and navigation data. Sky Lynx supports a variety of CDL and ATM based sensors and converts the data to Gigabit Ethernet for ground station processing and viewing.
Integrated SHARP Imagery Gigabit Ethernet Tool
INSIGHT is a troubleshooting tool for the SHARED Reconnaissance Pod (SHARP). It was designed to simulate sensor imagery and capture raw camera raster, NITF, and compressed DSS and CDL data.
Network Analysis Device
SDL designed and developed hardware for high-speed network routing and analysis.